This is Teacher Zhu, who some of you might have met on his recent visit you the UK.
He’s demonstrating a Wall Squat – It’s often described as ‘Dr Pang’s secret cure’
- Do it standing at the foot of your stairs, holding the post to stop you falling backwards! (Or maybe both sides of a door handle, or a doorjam)
- Open your feet to a slightly wider stance, but make sure the feet stay on the ground all the time!
- Always lead with the Mingmen, (small of your back), pushing away from the wall, concentrating on the tailbone to take you down and the Baihui (top of your head) to lift you up.
- work your way from 20 – 100 or more!
- Enjoy the opening of your spine!